Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WASH Program Engineer, South Sudan
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you an experienced Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Professional with a longing to serve as the hands and feet of Christ? Samaritan’s Purse is seeking a leading WASH Program Engineer for our office in South Sudan, where we have answered the call to serve a struggling populace as they navigate the challenges of survival in a difficult environment. Your expertise and compassion can help to bring a tangible representation of Christ’s love through the delivery of safe drinking water and hygiene to a people in need. Intrigued? Read on to see if you could be the one to answer the call!
Description of Job Duties:
- Develops and revises weekly and overall work plans for construction activities and oversee their delivery to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Manages the WASH hardware staffs which include WASH Coordinator, Water Technicians, and Sanitation Supervisors.
- Proposes solutions or improvements for better performance of the project
- Improves the capacity of the Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan Rural WASH team and partners in relevant aspects of WASH engineering
- Carries out feasibility assessments for all potential WASH infrastructure projects and documents results, ensuring technical, management, and financial aspects are considered.
- Drafts technical designs for approved infrastructures and systems.
- Responsible for quality, compliance, and safety of the Country Office’s WASH projects.
- Conducts water quality testing to constructed/rehabilitated water infrastructures using acceptable international guidelines.
- In collaboration with the software team, designs and supervises operation and maintenance training for WASH facilities to ensure the sustainability of the projects.
- Works with the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager, WASH Program Manager and other relevant staff to develop necessary tools and databases.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse WASH Program in coordination meetings.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Committed to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in a relevant field such as Civil, Sanitation, or Hydraulic Engineering, Public Health, Hydrology, Water Supply, or related field.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- At least three years’ work experience in WASH in a similar role.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Proficient in Auto CAD, EPANET 2, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Able to be diplomatic in communications with all Non-Governmental Organizations, governmental organizations, and community partners.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever changing environment
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure.
12 month contract with potential for extension
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits:
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)